- In a food processor, pulse together Birch Benders, baking powder, butter, and vegetable shortening, until a course grain forms. If you prefer a low-tech version, you can use a dough cutter or two forks.
- While drizzling in milk, pulse slowly, until a wet dough has formed.
- Turn out onto parchment and form into a thick rectangle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours, or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° F, and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4" thick.
- Cut into triangles with a base of 1".
- Wrap each mini hot dog in a triangle of biscuit dough and place on baking sheet with the largest surface area of dough facing up.
- Spray with extra virgin olive oil, or brush with eggwash. Mix together sesame and poppy seeds in a small dish.
- Gently press a pinch of the seed mixture onto the top of each 'pig'.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Let cool a few minutes before serving.
Traditionally great dipped in ketchup, but we like to kick it up a notch and go with barbecue sauce!