- First, make the ranch dressing by whisking together ingredients. Refrigerate at least one hour. Keeps for up to 5 days.
- In a heavy-bottomed sauce pan or dutch oven, heat oil to 375°. Maintain a constant temperature throughout frying for even browning.
- Pat dry pickle spears using a paper towel.
- Place buttermilk and Birch Benders Protein Pancake mix into separate shallow dishes.
- Dip pickles in buttermilk, then pancake mix, and repeat once before carefully placing in frying oil.
- Fry about 2 minutes, remove with tongs or spider to a paper-towel lined plate to let cool a few moments.
Best enjoyed immediately!