Senior Manager of Sales Operations
At Birch Benders, we're on a mission to bring people together, make your favorite foods better, and fill your days with stacks of fun! Founded in 2011, Birch Benders is the number one natural pancake & waffle mix brand in the country and can be found in over 15,000 stores. With a flagship product of all-natural, just-add-water pancake & waffle mix, Birch Benders has expanded to offer a suite of products including frozen toaster waffles, paleo and keto pancake & waffle mixes, monk fruit sweetened syrup, and microwavable snack cups. With six first-to-market lines introduced in the past decade, Birch Benders is one of the top innovators in the breakfast space.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the Senior Manager of Sales Operations will be responsible for strategy, planning, development, and implementation of the day-to-day operation and go-to-market strategy of the sales department. This will also entail being a partner across all functions as you help build and implement trade plans, customer marketing, P&L statements while completing other analyses as needed.
The candidate must not only excel at the technical side of the job, but also be a good cultural fit with the hardworking, fun, and dynamic people that make up the Birch Benders team. This position will be based out of our office in the vibrant LoHi neighborhood of Denver, CO.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Support development of our comprehensive sales and go-to-market strategy, both annually and as part of our three-year growth plan process
• Build key account trade plans and strategies from the ground up, ensuring efficiency in spend and alignment with business strategy
• Collaborate with sales to develop strategies and plans for merchandising, assortment, pricing and shelving
• Analyze and support sales planning decisions, including assortment, productivity, and other trend analyses
• Assist in the monthly volume forecast planning for operations planning
• Ensure achievement of financial plans and all sales initiatives
• Develop and own selling materials for sales team to grow distribution and further our relationships
• Analyze and summarize consumption data (e.g., Nielsen, Spins, Costco) data for key insights and incorporate into selling materials
• Provide weekly/monthly sales reporting to broader organization
• Identify opportunities and implement actions to better our sales processes
• Ad-hoc tasks and analysis
• Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
• Required Experience: 5+ years of related experience in sales/marketing/trade marketing
• Strong analytical skills, with a proven track record of recommending and implementing business opportunities based on synthesizing data / consumer insights
• Nielsen & Consumer Insights experience
• P&L management capabilities
• Additional experience in away-from-home channels a plus
• Outgoing, quick on your feet, and ready to dive into a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Hungry...and not just for pancakes. You are hungry for new experiences and new challenges. You are someone who takes on projects large and small with a can-do attitude and smile.
• Organized and responsive
• Always willing to learn and ask questions
Compensation & Benefits
• Competitive salary with full health care benefits and FSAs
• 401K plan
• Generous vacation policy
• Cell phone and gym allowance